Monday, January 21, 2008

The Year of the Ex

Why does it feel like it's Halloween? After all it is only January. Something about the new year brings back the visages of everyone that you thought you had once escaped. It's as if everyone has made a New Year's resolution to reconnect with their past... even if it should stay that way.

So this year, I am actually making an attempt to join the fanfare for the common man. That means a lot of people are getting second chances and some are getting the first chance that I never gave them. I guess my hope is that something positive will come from all of this.

Things such as having more friends, being exposed to different perspectives and way of life, being able to trust someone (anyone). All of these things should have a great value in any individual's life.

Primarily though, I am breaking up with myself. I don't like the person that I was last year, and it's time for a change. So as I reunite with all of these people from the past I look forward to improving my relationship with myself. Here's to a new me, and hopefully a new you too.

1 Responses:

Anonymous said...

HUH ?? and I thought this was the year of the Rat

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More