Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's the Inside... that frightens?

Just an overly philosophical realization, but hear me out. We all grow up seeking to find what drives us. That something within that just burns passionately for a trade, a craft, or a love. Some people seem to find their "calling" immediately and others may never find their inner truth at all.


But if it's inside of us, why don't we just let it out, ring the bell and say,
"I win, I'm Happy Now!"

Because we're smarter than that...

As we grow and mature, I think we all subconsciously let out the amount of our inner true selves that we can handle at a given time. Everyone recognizes going "into a cocoon" we times are difficult in an effort to weather the storm, but the climate and timing have to be perfect for the butterfly to emerge.

Personally, I think this is kind of scary. For me to be telling myself that I am not ready for of all things, me, is a little hard to fathom. But when deep inside I feel as if I have a unique and surprising greater purpose, I guess I need to be patient and ready for anything, come what may.

0 Responses:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More