Saturday, December 27, 2008

Retro Rhapsody in Blue

I didn't think reliving this could ever be possible. Some might consider it a personal shame as i was less than 100 points shy of getting a free trip to the finals, but c'est la vie. I will always have fond memories of my time at the Jacob Javitz Center.


To think that someone has reproduced the competition cart from the 1990 Nintendo World Championships is mind boggling. How many kids today can rip though Super Mario Bros, Rad Racer and Tetris in 6 minutes and 21 seconds? And I don't just mean rip though, I mean do it with style, saving at least half the time to unleash a dervish of four-lined fury that will make your granny run and buy some "Oops, I crapped my pants!"

Now we just have to see how long I can resist buying this piece of Retro sweetness...

0 Responses:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More